Senior Cloud Engineer AWS - English
As a Cloud Engineer AWS, you are co-responsible for accomplishing the journey to the Cloud (AWS). All developments in the IT department are in the context of this. Hence a search has started for a driven Cloud Engineer. The organization works completely Agile and the different teams develop solutions via CI/CD pipelines. Kubernetes clusters are used and currently all applications are being migrated from the data centers to the Cloud. Furthermore, you will be busy with:
- Contributing to the migration to the AWS environment;
- Automating AWS and Kubernetes environments;
- Reviewing and improving the current AWS environment;
- Designing and developing the cloud infrastructure;
- Managing the applications hosted on it;
- Collaborating with the Agile teams for appropriate solutions.
As a Cloud Engineer AWS, you meet the following requirements:
- You have at least 5 years of demonstrable experience as a Cloud Engineer or similar role;
- You are an expert in the field of AWS and Kubernetes;
- You have experience with (at least one of the) programming languages Python, Go, Java or similar;
- You are ambitious and take active measures to achieve goals together with the team;
- You are curious by nature and always stay abreast of the latest technologies in order to apply them to your own environment.
English speaking candidates are welcome to apply for this role, provided there is a willingness to learn the Dutch language. Again, living in the Netherlands is required due to office days.
Our client is in the media industry, has been around for 200 years and consists of more than 350 professionals. The company is part of a European concern and is in the process of transitioning to software vendor. They work with different scrum teams on new and yet-to-be-released applications. They combine high quality content with smart technology and training. They work closely with customers to make their work more effective, efficient and fun. You get a lot of freedom to design your role, the company culture is informal, low hierarchy and you have easy contact with everyone in the organization. The department consists of people of all ages.
It is possible to work hybrid; each employee is expected to work in the office at least 2x per week. These days can be coordinated with your team; currently Tuesdays and Thursdays are popular days when colleagues work in the office.
As a Senior Cloud Engineer AWS, you can count on the following benefits:
- A salary of €4,500 to €5,500 gross per month based on 36 hours;
- 8% vacation pay;
- A compensation for irregular shifts;
- A year-end bonus;
- A profit-sharing scheme;
- Discount on a subscription to the gym;
- Personal choice budget with which you can, for example, save for extra leave or have your vacation pay paid out flexibly;
- Possibility to participate in a Learning & Development program;
- A good pension plan.